The University of Toronto Consulting Association (UTCA) is looking for new executives for the 2013-2014 school year! We are seeking committed and polished individuals with an interest in management consulting. Please scroll down for available positions and application details. Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Questions: Exec Recruitment” in the subject line.
The UTCA organizes exclusive consulting workshops, firm visits, case interview preparation, case competitions and a well-regarded Volunteer Consulting Group with all of the world’s leading consulting companies.
Past participating firms include: McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, Monitor Deloitte, A.T. Kearney, ZS Associates, and more!
In addition to gaining a valuable leadership experience, as a UTCA executive, you will enjoy the benefits of extensive networking opportunities with consultants from our partner firms and highly motivated peers over the course of your engagement.
How to apply:
Step 1: Complete the attached application form here.
Step 2: Submit the Application Form and your most recent Resume (all in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “UTCA 2013 Executive Application_FirstName_LastName”
Applications are due Thursday, March 28th, 2013 at 5:00PM EST. You will be notified by Wednesday, April 3rd regarding an interview decision.
Interviews will be conducted on Saturday April 6th or Sunday April 7th. If these days will be an issue please indicate this in your email with a reason.
Positions Available are:
1. VP Professional Events (1 position)
- Organizes professional workshops, seminars, and speaker events for members
- Manages and acts as liaison between UTCA and consulting firms
- Assists in developing the sponsorship package
2. VP Graduate Studies (1 of 2 positions available)
- Must be a graduate student for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Responsible for promoting UTCA to graduate student community, and acting as a liaison to other graduate student organizations
- Responsible for working with Career Centre to organize regular practice case and behavioral interview sessions for both undergraduate and graduate students
- Represents needs and interests of graduate students when planning UTCA events
- Constructs and maintains the UTCA Resume book, with assistance from the Career Centre
3. VP Internal / Competition (1 position)
- Director for the annual Business Case Competition
- Manages all emails directed to the UTCA
- Works with the VP Professional Events to co-ordinate on campus events (such as room & AV rental bookings)
- Responsible for administrative tasks such as managing club affiliation
4. Junior Director of Volunteer Consulting Group (1 of 2 positions available)
- (This role is a 2-year commitment. The first year will be to become familiar with the role and learn from the current VP Volunteer Consulting Group. Applicants for this position must be returning for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Liaison with charitable organizations to establish projects
- Liaison with consulting firms to recruit both Lead and Engagement Advisors
- Responsible for selection of case team members and assisting with organizing Training Sessions throughout the year
- Past projects include work for: FoodShare, CANFAR, CNIB, Tides Canada, PeaceJam, Cottage Dreams, the Gatehouse, Youth Without Shelter, rabble.ca and other established charities
- Opportunityto gain consulting experience while contributing to community development