The application of VCG is now Closed.
As one of the signature events run by University of Toronto Consulting Association (UTCA), Volunteer Consulting Group (VCG) provides pro-bono consulting to community-based organizations. We match top university students with local non-profits to solve problems in the areas of marketing, fundraising, finances, organizational structure and human resource management.
The Volunteer Consulting Group aims to provide students a way to develop their skills through innovative pro-bono consulting for youth-focused, community-based organizations. The students help these non-profit organizations develop creative solutions to difficult challenges and realistic, practical plans to implement them.
In short, some of the benefits to working with VCG include:
- Valuable experience and training in basic consulting practice
- Develop useful teamwork and leadership skills
- Networking with professionals
- Opportunity to give back to the community
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for students with excellent problem solving skills, team work ability and a high degree of professionalism. We choose volunteers who we believe have the potential to be successful consultants. Here are the openings:
Volunteer Consultants (Undergraduate/Graduate Students)
Our Volunteer Consultants will be an important addition to the case team. They will assist with all aspects of client engagements and roles will include, but are not limited to:
- Client research, including market and competitive analysis
- Interviews with client stakeholders, to increase understanding of issues
- Internet research
- Financial modeling and projections for business plans
- Synthesizing and reporting key findings to the team and client stakeholders
Volunteer Engagement Manager (4 openings, MBA Students)
Engagement Managers are current MBA students. Ideally, they have professional experience in consulting or a strong background in the social sector, well developed leadership ability and high level of commitment. EM responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing frameworks for analysis
- Guiding and mentoring team members through process
- Reviewing analysis and proving feedback
- Facilitating discussion and problem-solving
- Assisting in research, analysis and client management
- Administration and reporting to the VCG Executive