Volunteer Consultant position is now open
We are looking for students with excellent problem solving skills, team work ability and a high degree of professionalism. We choose volunteers who we believe have the potential to be successful consultants. Our ideal candidate has qualities such as:
- Leadership demonstrated through roles on campus and in the community
- Achievements in the workplace that show initiative and drive
- Excellence in applying analytical ability in a team setting
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems in the non-profit sector
The VCG Experience
VCG will be committed to providing guidance to each team on their individual cases and the appropriate resources. Successful applicants will have training in consulting practices that will be incredibly beneficial to them should they choose to pursue a career in business. Some of the benefits to working with VCG are:
- Valuable experience and training in basic consulting practice
- Develop useful teamwork and leadership skills
- Opportunity to give back to the community
Currently Available Positions
Each team is comprised of four to five consultants who will work alongside an engagement manager. Consultants will work together under the guidance of the engagement manager to deliver pragmatic solutions that address the needs of the client they have been assigned.
Volunteer Consultants (20 to 25 openings)
Our Volunteer Consultants will be an important addition to the case team. They will assist with all aspects of client engagements and roles will include, but are not limited to:
- Client research, including market and competitive analysis
- Interviews with client stakeholders, to increase understanding of issues
- Internet research
- Financial modeling and projections for business plans
- Synthesizing and reporting key findings to the team and client stakeholders
Volunteer Engagement Manager (4 openings)
Engagement Managers are current MBA students. Ideally, they have professional experience in consulting or a strong background in the social sector, well developed leadership ability and high level of commitment. EM responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing frameworks for analysis
- Guiding and mentoring team members through process
- Reviewing analysis and proving feedback
- Facilitating discussion and problem-solving
- Assisting in research, analysis and client management
- Administration and reporting to the VCG Executive
The Application deadline for Volunteer Consultants is now closed. The Application deadline for Engagement Managers (Rotman MBA students) has been extended to October 2, 2012 at 5 pm (EST).
|Step 1:||Download the Application Form here.|
|Step 2:||Complete all sections carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered.|
|Step 3:||Update your resume and highlight all relevant experience including work, leadership, volunteer experience.|
|Step 4:||Compose an email to email@example.com with ‘VCG Application – YOUR NAME’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be conducted on Saturday September 29th and Sunday September 30th. Please indicate in your email with a reason if you are unavailable on those dates.
|Step 5:||Attach your application form AND resume. Be sure to include your name in the document name of both your application form AND your resume using the following format:FirstNameLastName_Resume.doc (or .pdf)FirstNameLastName_VCG_Application_2012.doc (or .pdf)|
After your application (including application form and resume) is received, it is reviewed by our recruiting committee and compared to all other submissions. Based on the qualifications of candidates and the current year’s specific case needs, a select number of applicants are extended an invitation to interview. You will be contacted by email if invited to interview.
If you have any questions about the application process, please use our Contact webpage. Select the “VCG” subject before submitting your comments.