Are you ready to be a VCG Faculty Member?
We are looking for faculty members with a strong interest in the social sector and experience in business strategy and operations. Members from all faculties are encouraged to participate.
The VCG Experience
VCG is an opportunity for faculty to use their expertise to benefit the local community and engage students outside the classroom. Our advisors have found VCG teams to be some of the most dedicated and passionate students they have encountered in their careers. Some benefits of working with VCG are:
Currently Available Positions
- Chance to engage students outside the classroom
- Networking opportunities with other faculty and community leaders
- Opportunity to apply expertise to have real positive impact on the community
VCG teams highly benefit from the opportunity to engage faculty members in discussion about their client?s business problem. Faculty members answer questions and provide advice that helps teams to deliver pragmatic solutions. There are two major roles open to faculty members:
Case Team Advisor (4 openings)
How to Sign up
Advisors ideally have research experience in business or a strong interest the social sector, well developed leadership ability and high level of commitment. Advisor responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The time commitment of Case Team Advisors is approximately 2 hours, every other week. Case Team Advisors will typically be required to meet five times per year. The program schedule is set in consultation with the Advisors in September each year.
- Mentoring a case team of undergraduates and MBAs
- Helping students ?crack the case? and develop an initial approach
- Reviewing subsequent analysis and providing feedback
Subject Matter Expert (unlimited openings)
The SME role is ideal for faculty who require a role with a smaller level of commitment, but still wish to contribute their experience. SMEs volunteer to answer specific questions from VCG teams that are related to their pre-identified areas of expertise. SME responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The time commitment of SMEs is minimal. Questions can be answered by phone or email on the SMEs own time. SMEs will typically only be required to meet once or twice per year.
- Answering questions of VCG teams relating to their specific expertise
- Reviewing analysis and providing feedback
- SMEs also have the option of presenting a guest presentation on a topic relevant to non-profit consulting
If you are interested in participating, please send a detailed e-mail to with the subject line ?VCG Involvement.? We would be happy to meet with you to answer your questions and discuss the most appropriate way for you to be involved.
> volunteer consulting