Are you ready to be a Volunteer Consultant?
We are looking for students with excellent problem solving skills, team work ability and a high degree of professionalism. We choose volunteers who we believe have the potential to be successful consultants. Our ideal candidate has qualities such as:
The VCG Experience
- Leadership demonstrated through roles on campus and in the community
- Achievements in the workplace that show initiative and drive
- Excellence in applying analytical ability in a team setting
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems in the non-profit sector
VCG will be committed to providing guidance to each team on their individual cases and the appropriate resources. Successful applicants will have training in consulting practices that will be incredibly beneficial to them should they choose to pursue a career in business. Some of the benefits to working with VCG are:
Currently Available Positions
- Valuable experience and training in basic consulting practice
- Develop useful teamwork and leadership skills
- Opportunity to give back to the community
Each team is comprised of four to five consultants who will work alongside an engagement manager. Consultants will work together under the guidance of the engagement manager to deliver pragmatic solutions that address the needs of the client they have been assigned.
Volunteer Consultants (20 to 25 openings)
Our Volunteer Consultants will be an important addition to the case team. They will assist with all aspects of client engagements and roles will include, but are not limited to:
Volunteer Engagement Manager (4 openings)
- Client research, including market and competitive analysis
- Interviews with client stakeholders, to increase understanding of issues
- Internet research
- Financial modeling and projections for business plans
- Synthesizing and reporting key findings to the team and client stakeholders
Engagement Managers are current MBA students. Ideally, they have professional experience in consulting or a strong background in the social sector, well developed leadership ability and high level of commitment. EM responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing frameworks for analysis
- Guiding and mentoring team members through process
- Reviewing analysis and proving feedback
- Facilitating discussion and problem-solving
- Assisting in research, analysis and client management
- Administration and reporting to the VCG Executive
The Application deadline for both Volunteer Consultants and Engagement Managers is now September 25, 2009 at 5 pm (EST).
||Download the VCG application form (MS Word DOC).
||Complete all sections carefully. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
||Update your resume and highlight all relevant experience including work, leadership, volunteer experience.
||Compose an email to with ?VCG Application ? YOUR NAME? in the subject line.
||Attach the application form AND your resume. Be sure to include your name in the document name of both your resume and application form using the following format:
FirstNameLastName_Resume.doc (or .pdf)
FirstNameLastName_VCG_Application_2009.doc (or .pdf)
After your application (including application form and resume) is received, it is reviewed by our recruiting committee and compared to all other submissions. Based on the qualifications of candidates and the current year?s specific case needs, a select number of applicants are extended an invitation to interview. If you have submitted your application by email, you will be contacted if invited to interview.
If you have any questions about the application process, please use our Contact
webpage. Select the "VCG" subject before submitting your comments.
> volunteer consulting